Sunday, November 6, 2011

Where Have We Been?

Hello friends and family!

Its seems like time just flies anymore!  I recently got off the M/v Delaware Trader on the evening of Oct 20, Matt picked me up in Tampa and we drove straight to Philadelphia to make it to my cousin's wedding.  Glad we made it because the wedding was beautiful, the party was awesome, and we're so so so happy for Patrick and Christina.


The Bridal Party!


The beautiful Kimmy!


Check out the dance floor, Timmy and Tommy were tearing it up- even Matt is busting a move, and Aunt Marguerite came to the hotel after party in her PJs and slippers!  So much fun!

After the wedding we hopped back in the car and headed to Toronto, Canada to visit Matt's family.  Here are some highlights...


Matt and I with the Toronto City Landscape, note the CN Tower where we had a great lunch!


Matt and I with the owner of Dangerous Dan's Diner, James McKinnon, who serves up a menu of pea-meal (Canadian's don't exactly call it 'Canadaian Bacon') burgers, peanut butter and banana burgers, poutine (a Canadian drunk dish, french fries with gravy and cheese curds), and DEEP FRIED MARS BARS, like I said, Dangerous.


Matt's Cousin Taylor showing us some skills at his indoor soccer match.

From Toronto we went on to London, Ontario, which is a college town where is father grew up and his grandparents still live.  Can you BELIEVE Matt's grandfather lived in London for almost 60 years and had never been to the Labatt's Brewery 10 minutes downtown?!  Neither could we, so we took him!


I hope I can still drink beer when I'm 96 (seriously 96)...




Here's a shot of Matt and his grandparents, Harold and Madeline, who are 96 and 94, respectively, and still live on their own! Oh yeah, and he drives.  Talk about good genes!

After London we went back to Philadelphia to visit with my family, on the way back we stopped at the Niagara Falls


That plume of water vapor is pretty massive!


So massive, in fact, our heads are nearly blocking it!

In Philadelphia we visited at home with my family for my favorite holiday, Halloween.


Here I am dressed up with my best friend Jess.  (I was Chinese and she was hooter's girl).  Missing from this picture is our other best friend, Kate, who very unfortunately came to the bar later, and I was already doneski.  Sorry, Kate!    


And here's a pic of the baby cousins in all their costumes, unfortunately, I drank too much the night before and so this pic is stolen from my cousin Amy.  Special thanks to Jay for trying to take care of my hangover (see above).  On Monday we tried to catch some striped bass with my Dad on his boat out of Little Egg Harbor, NJ, but unfortunately, they just weren't there yet.  Although, there was snow and ice.

   
Well that's it folks, a whirlwind of 2 weeks and 2,500 miles.  We left my car in Philadelphia and flew back to Cape Coral, FL work on the boat, which is a pretty huge project.  Apologies that I've neglected the blog a bit because we're taking advantage of the weather (no rain!) to re-bed (or caulk) every single fitting, stantion, cleat, whatever it might be that puts a hole in the boat.  On our boat there are probably about 120 of these "holes" in the top deck, and tomorrow we are due for a wash down and a leak test.  Update to Follow.  Fingers crossed.

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment