Monday, April 30, 2012

Culebra, PR to Provo, Turks and Caicos

So, since I can't sleep right now for more than 3 hours at a time, here's a few highlights from the trip over.
No, we didn't catch a drunken fish, we gave her a shot of vodka, to calm her down, works like a charm, go figure!  No McLube for her though, we just happened to be greasing the self steering at the time.

What a beautiful fish, I never caught a Mahi before, and I can't believe how quickly they lose their amazing colors.

All I was thinking in this moment was panko crusted fish tacos, New Orleans style Po Boys, and beer battered fish and chips.

We saw a TON of birds, it was so weird, but unfortunately none of them were diving.

We also had an amazing dolphin display.  Running with 25 kts and 8 foot seas, a pod of dolphin came along surfing, jumping, skipping down the waves with their tails and playing in the hug seas.  Really.  Amazing.  Sea world's got nothing on the real deal.  Unfortunately, not enough time for the camera (like I could take my eyes off anyway), two sets and they were gone, just something we'll have to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment